Screensaver/display problem

slimpickins 12:11 28 Apr 06

Immedietly after installing this click here screensaver my monitor has darkened and has very low contrast, it's now difficult to read dark text on a light background. I've tried a system restore, performed all the tests I could with "checkit" (all passed) and Symantec (usual minor errors) but to no avail. The monitor itself seems to be performing normally, the on light is a steady bright green and the dialogue boxes for adjusting the settings look normal. I've tried turning down the display settings but that has made no difference either.

My system is as follows: XP Home (with all patches and upgrades), MSI NX6600GT (DirectX 9, Nvidia driver, Foxconn NF-CK804 motherboard (nvidia 42302-e31 bios), AMD 3000+ cpu, 1024Gb RAM and Dell P991 monitor.

Any help gratefully recieved.

johnnyrocker 12:22 28 Apr 06

from their forum.

I am having problems with a screen saver downloaded from this site.
A: You need to contact the author of that particular screen saver. You can do so by clicking on the (home) icon, which will link you to the author/owner's site. does not represent or support individual screen savers, we only provide the links for downloading them.

slimpickins 13:12 28 Apr 06

But I don't know how.

I decided to try another monitor and borrowed one from a neighbour. It worked fine, when a tried with mine again so did it. No idea what was wrong but I'm glad it cleared up.

Thanks for the response johnny, I had contacted them and I'll do so again to say the panics over.

The problem and the screensaver installation could be purely coincidental I suppose but it happened exactly at the moment the screensaver started for the first time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…