SCREENSAVER XP

L1LLY 14:51 28 Apr 05

when i go to choose a screensaver in windows xp then click the drop down menu there is a screensaver there called websearch screensaver .. how do i delete this out of my screensavers as it was put on by websearch when i tried to download one of their fish tank screensavers & all they did was try to put loads of viruses on my pc .. i have dealt with all this but dont know how to get their screensaver out of my screensaver drop down list .. please help .. thank you

Earthworm 15:00 28 Apr 05

have you tried add/ remove program in windows or search for screensaver and then delete it

TomJerry 15:01 28 Apr 05

run two great spy remove software: spybot click here, adaware click here

search your C: to find files with .scr extension and delete bad guys

SANTOS7 15:02 28 Apr 05

click here
this will help,good luck..

L1LLY 16:19 28 Apr 05

there is nothing in add/remove or when i do a search .. i have also used microsoft antispyware which is what removed it for me but it is saying there is nothing there even though the screensaver is .. i like the look of the screensaver remover but i dont understand the instructions on the site, can you explain please santos 7 .. thank you

gudgulf 16:38 28 Apr 05

Try doing a search.....go to Start and select Search.Choose to search all files and folders and type this into the search field

.scr

That's the file extension for your screensavers.You should get a list of whats there.Look through it carefully until you find the one from websearch or fishtank,right click it and you should be able to delete it.

L1LLY 10:32 29 Apr 05

gudgulf .. thank u that worked a treat .. doin a search for screensavers alone didnt work but once i followed ur advice & put in .scr up came the culprit .. thank u again .. lilly

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…