screensaver to wallpaper?

L plate marky 14:34 29 Nov 04

Hi,

Anyone know how to change a screensaver to make it your desktop wallpaper? I'm on windows xp, and I can only reduce the screensver down to one minute.

Thanks.

mattyc_92 14:42 29 Nov 04

You can only get one image, not all of it (not an animation or video). If youv want to get a "Screen-Bump" of the screensaver.... right-click desktop->properties->Screensavers-> select the screensaver you want and click "preview". Once the screensaver is being shown on the VDU press the "Print Scrn" button on your keyboard. This should be located next to the "Scroll Lock" button at the upper right of the keyboard on the same line as the F1, F2, F3, etc... buttons. If the screensaver closes and your desktop is now showing when you have pressed the "Print Scrn" button, don't worry. Open up something like Paint and press and hold "Ctrl + V" to paste the screen-bump you have just got. Save the image and select it as your wallaper....

Graham ® 14:45 29 Nov 04

Try ctrl/prt scr. Paste into Paint, save to Desktop. Browse to it in Display properties.

I've not tried this, don't know if you can prt scr a screensaver!

L plate marky 14:58 29 Nov 04

Thanks folks.

I have seen moving wallpapers before (fire buring and water moving) but they were downloaded that way.

I'll give it a go.

mattyc_92 17:09 29 Nov 04

You caould use this method a few times to get different shots of the screensaver and but them into an animated GIF file!!!!!! You would have to have "Active Desktop" active to use the file (windows should automatically ask you in a message dialog if you want this to be active!!!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…