screensaver suggestions

jonnytub 17:46 08 Aug 04

Is there any kind of screensaver out there, other than the built in one's (and especially not microsoft's fish) that would be pleasing to the eye and put a little pressure on the graphics card, i know that i don't really need one with a modern screen but during long downloads i tend to leave my pc do it's thing and switch the tv on. The pc is in the sitting room, so something pleasant is in order and maybe a little contemporary to match the surroundings.

Any suggestions??

stalion 17:48 08 Aug 04

need your os some only work on certain systems

JoeC 17:50 08 Aug 04
  Mister Splendid©® 17:53 08 Aug 04

Try click here for some aesthetically pleasing savers.

jonnytub 18:04 08 Aug 04

sorry had to pop out for 5 os is xp pro sp1

jonnytub 18:07 08 Aug 04

some very good links to go on there, thanks Stalion, VoG, JoeC and Mr S.

Gonna tick this one as the links will take some time to peruse.

jonnytub 19:28 08 Aug 04

Unfortunately VoGs link to theme xp lead to 3 different viruses being installed onto my machine. I understand this was in no part VoG's fault as it was I that clicked OK. Just incase other forum members see the link i think a warning should be issued. There is nothing wrong with the site itself, but users beware of the "reawaking of the sea" screensaver under the title sunsets. I don't beleieve themexp,org virus scan their downloads before posting, such a shame as it did look nice and probably was before some script kiddie got hold of it.

All's well, a combination of virus removal tools sorted me out, a minor irritance and no hard feelings.

Regards Jonny

hugh-265156 19:54 08 Aug 04

best fishy screensaver i have seen click here also has sound.

Graham ® 19:57 08 Aug 04

If you have some pictures of your own you could show them as a slide show.

VoG II 20:10 08 Aug 04

Very sorry - I have downloaded screensavers from that site with no problems.

Forum Editor 20:15 08 Aug 04

at his request.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…