Screensaver problem

blackpat 14:38 26 Mar 03

Hi all, When my screensaver comes on, after about 10/15 minutes, it freezes the computer and there is nothing i can do, i have to hit the panic button. I have tried changing the screensaver but it still happens, Anybody any ideas?
Blackpat.

recap 15:18 26 Mar 03

Personally blackpat I don't have a screen saver running or a background (i'm a miser really, lol, they take up system resources). Just have none selected and the programs will still be running.

Andsome 15:30 26 Mar 03

You can always select NONE and set the screen to switch off after a certain time.

blackpat 19:45 26 Mar 03

Thanks Recap/Andsome. I have set it to switch the monitor off after 10 minutes, I assume i just hit the monitor button to get the screen back.
Thanks again.
Blackpat.

blackpat 19:47 26 Mar 03

Ooops, forgot, when the monitor is switched off, can the computor still do things like a virus scan ect?
Blackpat.

Wak 19:51 26 Mar 03

If you have set the screen to turn off after a set time in Power management then you should only have to move the mouse or touch any key to switch the monitor back on.
You shouldn't have to touch the monitor button as you suggest.

blackpat 19:57 26 Mar 03

Oh great, thanks Wak and i guess my virus scans ect. will still work while the monitor is off?
Blackpat

graham 20:21 26 Mar 03

Yep.

Andsome 08:26 27 Mar 03

Everything works. I am on broadband, with OE set to check for e-mails every 30 minutes. They all come in as usual whilst the screen is off. All that you have done is to cut the power supply to the display, all your programs just carry on as normal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac