Screensaver activation

watchful 10:19 10 Feb 03

Just downloaded a screensaver from Microsoft. It's filed in Local Disk C in Windows folder. When I open it the unzip to folder window comes up so I click to unzip and it says OK. Problem is I expected it to appear in menu for screensavers so don't know how to activate it or see it - Windows XP.

Diemmess 10:23 10 Feb 03

Try a search for other .scr files and paste the new one into that folder.

watchful 10:26 10 Feb 03

A Blue box appears with where it is now and in this I typed - screensavers. Should I have put something else?
Last time I got one it appeared in services but all the other screensavers are in Windows.

watchful 10:32 10 Feb 03

I can easily move the file but where to?
Last time I did this, with a desktop background, it automatically appeared in the drop-down menu.

Lú-tzé 10:37 10 Feb 03

Probably into your system32 folder - do as Diemmess says and see where the others are. Put it in with those. It may require a reboot.

watchful 10:46 10 Feb 03

Just did a search as suggested for .scr files but nothing came up.

watchful 11:01 10 Feb 03

Have to go now but will come back later to see if any other ideas come along.
Thank you so far.

watchful 12:52 10 Feb 03

I've now dragged the file into the screensavers folder and re-booted but it still doesn't appear.

Any more ideas?

watchful 13:37 10 Feb 03

Please ignore this thread and sorry for wasting your time.

Had downloaded a framework thing instead of the screensaver pack and learnt how to make a fool of myself online!

Crawling away now...

Magik™ 13:47 10 Feb 03

never ever worry about crawling away, and no post is ever a waste of time...if this site had been going at the time, i would never had to ring compaq and ask where the enter key was :-(

watchful 15:46 10 Feb 03

Thanks for that - confidence restored again now!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…