Screen/desktop area

Henryk 08:18 21 Oct 03

Hi,
My PC runs on Windows 98 2nd Ed.
Recently my Screen area/desktop appears to have shifted to the left. I cannot re centre it.
Under desktop settings I only have option of; 16 or 256 colour, 16,24 and 32 bit Hi colour.
The screen area slider only gives me the option of 640 x 480 or 800 x 600

can anyone help

thanks

Taff36 08:21 21 Oct 03

From what you say I think you need to adjust the monitor settings. It`s not a computer setting. (I presume you have a blank band down the right hand side of the monitor but otherwise the desktop is there.)

Henryk 08:58 21 Oct 03

I have tried to adjust monitor setting s with no success. Still have black band down right hand side of screen.

any ideas

thanks

Taff36 09:44 21 Oct 03

Pretty sure you should concentrate on the monitor first. Have you checked with the manual - I don`t remember having any two monitors that seem to work the same way and centering the display and enlarging it to fit should be basic options.

Linked thread click here

DieSse 10:07 21 Oct 03

You probably have a faulty monitor - or maybe possibly a faulty graphics card. The best way to prove which it is is to change monitors with another system.

This is assuming you really have tried changing settings, adjusting monitor.

It can't be anyhting else, can it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…