screen tech issue

Tibolticus 22:59 02 Apr 12

it appears that i have developed ascreen display tech issue with which i need help. whenever i turn on the pc, particularly when i go online, the screen goes black and then it goes mad with a few colours and a grainy static like mess of a display image with no tangible features. the first time it happened the stem seemed to recover ok and a message popped up to say so. since then i have tried a system restore and a malware scan to no affect. what is going on and what can i do to stop it?

birdface 23:08 02 Apr 12

Graphics driver needing updated maybe.

Tibolticus 23:13 02 Apr 12

thanks yeah. the message that popped up when it managed to restore the screen image mentioned that the had failed but that it had recovered. how do i deal with this?

birdface 23:29 02 Apr 12

Normally you would have to go to the makers of the Graphics card and download the latest update from them.

Could it be your Monitor on the way out.

markd71 23:37 02 Apr 12

Is this a laptop ?

lotvic 00:02 03 Apr 12

Yes it must be the laptop, here's the other thread for history of problem laptop (last post is same as first post on this thread).

markd71 00:19 03 Apr 12
  Tibolticus 13:14 03 Apr 12

Grim,

Whilst I trust in your expertise I was hoping it wouldnt be anything quite as terminal as the article suggests. Dont suppose anyone else would have a more fixable take on this issue?

Thanks, Tibolticus

lotvic 13:15 03 Apr 12

It's also possible that it is overheating, always put laptop on a hard surface when using and have you cleaned out the dust from fans?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5