Screen size not fitting monitor

spmilligan 21:03 15 Dec 14

Hello all, I am running windows 7 with an Acer G236HL monitor. I had a problem with the log on but that has been sorted and I am back up and running. However since then the screen is bigger than the monitor which means that on the taskbar I can see the start button on the left but I can't see the clock etc on the bottom right. I have tried changing resolution, refresh etc but all to no avail. It all adds up to when I open web pages or e-mail I cant see the X button or anything on the right. I know they are there as I can push the arrow off screen and keep clicking until they close. I am also running the AMD catalyst control centre with latest driver update. Every time I try to change something the auto config from the monitor pops up and then disappears. I can't add an HDMI lead as the computer does not have a socket for one. Any ideas how to shrink screen size to the monitor would be most helpful. Many many thanks.

northumbria61 05:03 16 Dec 14

On the monitor there should be a menu button. You should be able to size the display to the monitor there.

rdave13 08:43 16 Dec 14

You can also try opening the AMD Catalyst Control Centre and select My Digital Flat-Panels on the left. Select Scaling options and move the slider to see if you can get the display to fit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017