Screen Shots

K*B 19 Dec 12
Answered

Hello friends, how do I create a screen shot? Do I need a special program installed on my laptop to do so, or I can indeed get a screen shot using my OS? My laptop runs on MS Vista Home Basic. Please help. Thanks.

tullie 19 Dec 12

Have a look at the free Fastone Capture.

wiz-king 19 Dec 12

You should have a key about third from the right top row - covered in dust 'co it's never used - with Prt Scr on it. Press that and then paste into a document or a blank picture.

rdave13 19 Dec 12

As wiz-king, then open paint and use the paste icon top left. Can get a bit confusing as it will show the whole desktop as is and you might not realize it's a screen shot :). To take a screen shot of only sections then use the snipping tool.

hastelloy 19 Dec 12

AS wiz-king but use Alt+Print Screen. This limits the shot to the current window rather than the whole screen.

iscanut2 19 Dec 12

Try Gadwin, scroll down for the free download version..it does work ! http://www.gadwin.com/download/

VCR97 19 Dec 12

MW Snap MW Snap

K*B 20 Dec 12

Thanks guys, but where is Print Screen? Is it a key on the keyboard or where is it? I can't see it on my keyboard. Thanks.

Chronos the 2nd 20 Dec 12
Answer

Use this,very simple and free. Screehunter.

Printscreen.

rdave13 20 Dec 12

You might see it as PrtScr with SysRQ underneath on the same key. Could be on the top row to the right.

iscanut2 20 Dec 12

PrtScn/SysRq is a key on the keyboard, normally top right.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message