screen saver won't work

ninky2 15:25 18 Jan 03
  ninky2 15:25 18 Jan 03

I am running windows Xp but when I set the screen saver to come on it doesn't work can anyone please tell me what could be wrong,

djwheeler 15:27 18 Jan 03

How do you mean 'i doesn't work'? Is the an error message or does the screen saver jus not come on?

ninky2 15:31 18 Jan 03

The screen saver just does not come on

djwheeler 15:32 18 Jan 03

How long have you set it to wait before it comes on? Can you preview the screen saver?

ninky2 15:36 18 Jan 03

I can set the preview and that is fine but when I set it for l0 minutes nothing happens, so I tried several different times, just the same it did not come on.

spikeychris 15:40 18 Jan 03

You could have something running in the background that is preventing this from happening. Go to start and run and type msconfig to see what programs are starting at bootup.

You could also click here and scroll down to "Screen Saver Disable or Enable"

Click on the enable option and download the VBS file. It could be that your SS has been disabled by some program you have installed or downloaded. You can do this via policies if you wish.

Chris

spikeychris 15:42 18 Jan 03

Strike the policies option I have just read your last post and if the policy had been set it would not allow a preview.

djwheeler 15:47 18 Jan 03

Is this a screen saver that has come with XP?

ninky2 15:53 18 Jan 03

No it is one I downloaded but I have been using it for ages and it has been fine but suddenly stopped working. I have been where you sent me Chris and I am going off line now to try it out will let you know if it works, by the way that is a very helpful place you sent me to, never seen it before thanks

spikeychris 15:58 18 Jan 03

Could it not be that the screen-saver was a "trial" ie: it turns itself off unless registered?

Do any of the screen-savers work as thats what I thought you ment..

Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…