Screen Saver locking up System

FishFry 01:27 05 Nov 05

Recently, whenever screen saver comes on, the PC locks up. In order to free up the PC and be able to use again, I have to reboot/turnoff the system. Not knowing what might have caused the problem, I've done a "Disk Clean"; "Check Disk for Errors"; and have done a "Defragmentation". However, none of these attempts worked.

I've noticed that sometimes upon shutting down the system for the night, the following flashes across the screen, "WindowSearch.exe" and there are times the following appears, "NVIDIA TWIN VIEW" which at this point, I am required to click "END NOW" so the system completes the shutdon process.

Would someone please tell me what I can do to correct this problem. Thanks in advance for any assistance that you can offer.

FishFry

Splork 04:13 05 Nov 05

click here
Does it happen if you change to a different screensaver?

pj123 10:38 05 Nov 05

Colour monitors don't suffer from "burn-in" like the old mono monitors did, so there is no real need to have a screen saver running. Try disabling the screen saver for a while, or, as Splork says, try a different one.

FishFry 13:37 05 Nov 05

Spork and PJ123, thanks for responding to my inquiry. I had disabled the screen saver as a temporary fix to avoid the rebooting. I thought if left in that mode for long periods of time, it would "burn-out" the monitor, which was a concern of mine to have the problem rectified.

Spork, I did visit the link you suggested. PJ, I am going to try using another screen saver to see if the system continues to lock up.

Again, thanks to both of you for your suggestions.

FishFry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017