Screen saver defect

820mikewaite 13:39 09 Aug 07

My previous computer would not go to screen saver unless I hit the refresh button.
I have just bought a new computer with windows XP dual core AMD 2 GB Ram Sata hard drives (2) It looks as if I have the same problem with the screen saver not activating. I have checked all the controls which appear to be set OK but still have this problem.
Any ideas to solve this would be much appreciated
Mike

recap 15:22 09 Aug 07

This might be a third party piece of software that is causing the problem. What third part software do you have now that you had on the old system, i.e. Norton Antivirus etc?

820mikewaite 17:35 09 Aug 07

My Previous computer I did have Norton Internet security. I had wiped that program and now use AGV. Any idea if Norton is the problem how to get rid of it??
Mike

birdface 11:21 11 Aug 07

If you had Norton on your new computer ,Did you run the Norton removal tool to remove it.or did you remove it from add remove.

820mikewaite 13:55 11 Aug 07

I did not have Norton on my new computer but quite a lot of docs and bits and pieces were transferred to my new computer. I have checked add and remove programs but no sign of Norton. Mike

DieSse 17:44 11 Aug 07

"My previous computer would not go to screen saver unless I hit the refresh button."

Exactly what and where is this "refresh button" you mention?

Is this via the standard windows screen saver facility, or a separate program? - If a separate program, what is it?

820mikewaite 20:18 11 Aug 07

The refresh button was a right click and then click Refresh. Mike

wee eddie 23:36 11 Aug 07

Or one of these special pieces of software like AWV

820mikewaite 00:15 12 Aug 07

I am using Windows 3D flower pot only. Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…