Screen rsolution

sierra 11:45 13 Feb 04

Can someone please give me a guide as to the "normal" screen resolution to use on a 19inch monitor. I am currently running it at 1280/1024 but have trouble reading on some webb sites.

JIM 11:50 13 Feb 04

CTR mon. set at 1024/768 for normal viewing at 85 refresh rate.

leo49 11:50 13 Feb 04

Don't know what's normal but I'm comfortable at 1024x768 - have you tried increasing the font sizes in the advanced settings?

The Dark Sage 11:50 13 Feb 04

the vast majority of PC's still run on a screen resolution of 800x600 and most sites are designed to look ok on that resolution.

There isn't really a normal though, its a personal preference at the end of the day. If the text is too small lower the resolution, want more space on the screen increase it. Its up to the user

cycoze 11:51 13 Feb 04

Its down to personal preference , i run my 19" monitors at 1024x768 , for me its perfect , if its just web sites , use the toolbar at the top of internet explorer , click on `view` then `text size` choose a larger size , other browsers will probably have something similar.

If using a scroll wheel mouse , press and hold `ctrl` key and use the scroll wheel to enlarge/shrink the text size , works in word etc , however it does not work on this site.

sierra 11:59 13 Feb 04

Thanks for the quick replies. I have dropped it to 1024/768 and will try it for a while. It certainly feels more comforable.

The ctrl/scroll works for me on here.

The Dark Sage 12:11 13 Feb 04

using Mozilla Firefox browser, don't know about IE

Chegs ® 12:13 13 Feb 04

I use 21" monitor at 1280x1024,in IE I have the text size set to largest,and Tools/Internet Options/Accessibilty/Ignore font sizes ...

With Opera,I have File/Preferences/Fonts and Colours/Minimum font size(pixels) set to 25.

These are fine for most sites,if I land on a page that doesn't look right(text in boxes overwriting other text)I simply remove the tick accessibilty box in IE and use that browser.I also use Avant,but am still finding my way round its options.

Glyn-252301 12:46 13 Feb 04

Like Chegs ® I set my 21" monitor to 1280x1024 but customize the Menu, Message Box, Icons etc. in Display properties to my own liking. Have a little play sierra, and cusomize to your own liking.
Regards G.

cycoze 13:19 13 Feb 04

Dont know whats going on with the scroll , i`m on a different machine now using IE6 , when i try the scroll it enlarges/shrinks the bullets and moves the cells closer/apart , only happens here .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…