Screen 'ripples' when scrolling.

fjk 15:55 01 Jun 09

Recently my screen has started 'rippling' when I scroll. This can be on Internet pages or on 'Word'. I have gone through all the usual channels to try to sort this, updated drivers (aleady had best match), changed Wheel from smooth scrolling and back again and rebooted, checked for faults, nothing works. Any advice please?

User-1229748 16:00 01 Jun 09

what spec is your pc?which version of windows?graphics card?

woodchip 16:13 01 Jun 09

Slow CPU or Graphics card as not enough memory for what you are doing. Or it could be you have too many Programs running

fjk 16:33 01 Jun 09

Windows XP SP3, Athlone Dual Core 4200, Intergrated Graphics.

Doesn't seem to be overloading the system as it happens whether I have one window/programme open or several.

Sometimes it will scroll properly in one programme but not in another.

slightlymad 20:25 01 Jun 09

...On my spare PC, and I've put it down to the old CRT monitor that I'm using. It used to work just fine but now it's 'rippling', just as you describe.

badhair1963 21:02 01 Jun 09

Sounds like you need to update your graphics driver. The symptom you describe happens when Windows uses its generic driver, such as when you're running in safe mode.

Try running Windows Update and see if it offers you a newer driver. Failing that, have a look in Device Manager to see what chip you've got and go to the relevant website for driver updates.

fjk 11:25 14 Jun 09

Thanks everyone, a new graphics card has been installed and resolved the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…