screen - return notebook...!? .

andy@ 14:27 24 Oct 06

I wanted to try a 1920x1200 *15.4in* widescreen for photo editing – space for tool palettes – greater image view.

But... I’ve have had the machine a few days I can’t really say that I find viewing the small text v.comfortable (despite v.good vision). If you set the system graphics output to 125%, web page images (esp thumbnails) degrade, and even then text is pretty small.

The problem is I was unaware that selecting lower resolutions simply stretch the pixels to fit the 15.4” screen and text becomes less sharp, and apparently all images become less sharp.

Do you think I'll get used to the res? The thing is I really like the machine otherwise?
Any tips?

Can anyone say - what charges I may incur for sending the PC back, albeit with authorisation & within the 7 days allowed (end of tomorrow)?

Cheers
Andy

anskyber 14:35 24 Oct 06

Cleartype might work for you. click here

anskyber 14:37 24 Oct 06

If you have IE7 there is a screen mag facility which is quite handy at times.

Technotiger 14:50 24 Oct 06

Also when on a web-page, hold down Ctrl and use mouse scroll wheel - in most cases this increases/decreases text size.

Cheers.

andy@ 15:22 24 Oct 06

Thanks for the tips, I'll try these tonight.

The thing is with this notebook is that the native (now I've discovered what the implications of this are) screen options are 1680x1050 and 1280x800. 1680x is not really too much diff from 1920, and I'm fairly sure I want a res higher than 1280x. hum...

I wonder if tweaking anything in the nvidia quadro graphics options, at lower screen res, will help at all?

Andy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…