Screen Resoution

Trials 20:17 04 Feb 04

I have formatted my hard drive and reinstalled win 98se. My desktop is now postcard size in the centre of the screen. In 'Display' via controal panel it will not allow me to increase the resoution. It also only allows a max of 16 colours. The machine is a Dell Latitude notebook.
I have checked everything in 'system' and it shows no conflicts.
What have I done wrong.

Jester2K 20:19 04 Feb 04

You haven't installed the graphics drivers.

Trials 20:49 04 Feb 04

I have tried to update the video adaptor but the wizard states that the one on the machibne is newwer than the one I am trying to load. This must mean that the driver is installed don't it.
Thanks for the quick responce.

Jester2K 20:53 04 Feb 04

Depends on a) What drivers is already installed and b) what driver you are now trying to install.

How are you trying to update the drivers and where did you get the drivers from?

Trials 20:56 04 Feb 04

Driver on machine is Standard PCI Graphics Adaptor (VGA) Ver 4 Trying for upgrades via the various websites including dell. Download and useing the wizard to install.

Jester2K 21:01 04 Feb 04

Standard PCI Graphics Adaptor (VGA) is the windows driver that is used when you don't have the proper one installed.

Stop using the wizard cos its a waste of time.

What is the spec & Model of the laptop?

Jester2K 21:03 04 Feb 04

Enter your Service Tag or model number click here to go through the options to download the drivers.

Trials 21:21 04 Feb 04

It is a Dell Latitude CPI400axt. Pent 2 Processor and 128mb ram. I have looked at the Dell web site but cannot find a driver for this maodel.
When yo say stop using the wizard how do i install the driver if i find one.

Jester2K 21:37 04 Feb 04

Can you get the Service Tag Number?

When you want to install it just double click the file you download and it'll install.

cycoze 21:43 04 Feb 04

Was there no driver cd`s came with the notebook? if so they would surely be on that.

If you cannot find the tag , the site will find it for you , alternatively , click on the "dont know my tag" button and search from there , i found drivers for Latitude CP and Latitude CPI.

click here .

Trials 22:25 04 Feb 04

Thanks for the info. I have entered my id in and now having a look at the drivers to see which one to download and install.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…