Screen resolution/Nvidia GeForce 6800GT Problem

Having regularly updated my graphics card without a problem for several years I was abit surprised when the latest update started giving error messages that the files could not be copied/loaded.I tried several times before uninstalling Nvidia from my system and then installing the new update.This seemed to work until at restart the screen resolution was at 800x600 and not the uasual 1024x768.I have been unable to change this despite the system telling me the screen size has been altered when i click ok to confirm changes it reverts to 800x600.The device manager shows no conflicts and the devise is working correctly. If i disable the graphics card the resolution on the screen is fine at 1024x768. Anybody got any suggestions so i can get back to normal Thanks

ambra4 12:44 31 Mar 09

Roll back the driver to the old one

Right click on my computer – Properties – Hardware – Device Manager – Display Card –

Properties – Driver Tab

thanks for the suggestion have tried that but it didnt work either.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…