screen resolution and size

alltime 00:19 12 Dec 11

running win 7 pro 64bit with an ati radion hd 600 series graphics card on hdmi with a lg 2250 widescreen monitor. Could anyone advise if it is possible to fill the screen at the correct resolution of 1920x1080. I seem to have a 20/25mm band all around the outside and it doesnt matter what i do i cant fill the screen. is this normal with hdmi?

Right click your desktop and go to Catalyst Control Centre.

On the left click My Digital Flat-Panels then click Scaling Options. If you move the slider between Underscan and Overscan you should find at one end it fills your screen.

alltime 08:23 12 Dec 11

Thanks for your help job done. i suppose its knowing where to look!!!

BRYNIT 09:07 12 Dec 11

Have you got the most up to date ATI drivers?

I had a similar problem with an ATI card.

If you want to check the drivers Click here you can do it manually or select Automatically Detect and Install.

You're welcome. I'm not sure why it should be different for HDMI (I've found plugging a computer into an HDMI socket on a normal TV overfills the screen unless you change the picture options), I guess consumer electronic devices must output using a slightly different standard to computers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…