Screen Resolution Problems

jagsimmons 09:16 10 Jun 04

I have two flat panel screens both 17" - one Iiyama and the other Dell Ultrasharp. Both give excellent picture quality (using good quality PCI cards) and are set at their native resolution 1280x1024. My problem is this - when designing an Access database on one PC I size the main form to fill the screen and then when I transfer the file to the other PC the form is about 3/4 the size! Surely the size on screen should be identical? I have checked all the settings (especially resolution) several times to ensure they are identical. Is there anything else I should try? Thanks.

Eric10 11:10 10 Jun 04

You could look at the Screen Refresh Rate.

THE TERMINATOR 23:38 12 Jun 04

CHANGE BOTH RESOLUTIONS TO 600X800, AND SEE IF THIS WORKS. TT

Djohn 00:19 13 Jun 04

Both displays are set to the correct resolution of 1280x1024 for the make and screen size. Are you using DVI or analogue connections for either or both?

If DVI then the sizing should be taken care of but if analogue then it may be that one or even both of the monitors needs a slight adjustment with the monitor settings.

Bring up the on-screen menu on both monitors and check the clock timing and the centre display settings are correct also there should be an auto adjust Icon in the menu, give that a click and see if it helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…