Screen resolution and iRotate problems

m800afc 13:39 02 Aug 10

Windows XP Pro SP3; ASRock 775VM800; Pentium 4; 3GHz; 2Gb RAM
Radion 9700 Pro
Radion 9700 Pro (Secondary)
Monitor 1 - BenQ2400W (Landscape)
Monitor 2 - BenQ2400W (Portrait)

Following a clean reinstall of XP Pro, I am having difficulty changing the screen resolutin of Monitor 2. Monitor one has a resolution of 1920x1200 but if I try to change the resolution of Monitor 2, to match, I get a dialog box saying I cannot change the resolution because I do not have administrative permission to perform this action.
I have the only account, and the only applications insatalled are Firefox and iRotate, which is what I use to rotate Monitor 2 to portrait format. Both these applications have been downloaded since the reinstall, and iRotate worked perfectly well before.
Any assistance will be gratefully recieved.

woodchip 15:06 02 Aug 10

The Monitor may not Support the Resolution Change

woodchip 15:08 02 Aug 10

Also Resolution would be reversed as one is portrait other is Landscape

m800afc 17:59 02 Aug 10

woodchip
The monitor does support the resolution change, it also supports rotation.I have been using the rotated portrait mode for almost four years.
I don't understand why it objects now.

woodchip 18:36 02 Aug 10

Can you use Restore to get back to when it worked

woodchip 18:38 02 Aug 10

Only other thing is that Drivers for graphics card sound like they are corrupt. You could delete these then reinstall the Drivers for the card as this is where the problem is

m800afc 18:39 03 Aug 10

I solved the problem by deleting the v10.xx.xx driver for the graphics card and replacing it with the Legacy Driver v9.8.x.
I also had to reinstall Microsoft Net Framework.
Thanks fo the assistance

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…