Screen resolution and graphic card advice wanted C

ray27 08:19 18 Nov 04

Can anyone advise me on what is the best screen resolution to use?
At the moment I am using 1152 by 864

Whenever I change this I have to go through the process of resetting the monitor so that the screen shows a full picture on the desktop .

This is a bit fiddly so if some one can advise me I would only have to do it the one time.

Also I have 256MB Geforce Fx5900 Ultra graphics card and I would like to know if there is an update for this if so should I update it?.

I have had the system a year know
Many thanks for any advice

Ray

User-312386 08:28 18 Nov 04

click here for the updated drivers, you have to click on Graphic driver, Geforce and TNT and then select your operating system

If you re-set your resolution then sometimes you do have re-adjust your monitor

mark3110 09:29 18 Nov 04

You dont say what size or type of monitor you are using. Try this for size click here

MArk

wags 12:21 18 Nov 04

Personally, I'd be wary of the 66.93 Nvidia drivers. They have caused a corruption of DirectDraw and Direct3d on my PC with the dreaded Blue Screen of Death. This has not been resolved by me unistalling and reinstalling the 61.77 drivers, which ran fine before. If you are happy with your existing drivers, I'd stick with them !

As regards screen resolution I use 1,280 - 1,024 on a 19" CRT, with my Geforce 6800GT and run all games on that resolution as well.

ray27 13:57 18 Nov 04

Thanks everyone I will do what Wags sugest and not update the graphics driver and change to 1,280-1,024 as I have a 19 inch monitor cheers Ray

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos