screen resolution

NIGEY 20:34 08 May 03

hi all help needed, i was about to play who wants to be a millionaire when the game asked to change the resolution upon doing this my screen is now blank even when i boot up after the xp boot up screen it goes blank.....how do i put the resolution back to wot its supposed to be im running windows xp home edition...please help thanx in advance....nigey :-)

hugh-265156 20:39 08 May 03

boot into safe mode and change back from here.

Kitz E Kat 20:42 08 May 03

You need to go into safe mode , and adjust it there, to get into safe mode hold down the F5 ( i think !) key while booting, go to Start > Control Panel > Display > Settings, and adjust from there. Like i say i think its F5 key or could be F8, give them a shot wont do no harm , if not no doubt some wise person will know , im only a cat!!!!

hugh-265156 20:45 08 May 03

sorry that wasnt very helpful presuming you can see the post screen tap F8 select safe mode press enter and when it starts go to controlpanel/display/settings and change here.you will no doubt have limited choice of settings in safe mode as graphics drivers arnt loaded but set to say 640x480 and then when restart again if all goes well change back to normal settings again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…