Screen Resolution

jimbo24168 18:09 08 Mar 03

I recently purchaed a used laptop but have found that the screen resolution os only 800x600. The manufacturers state that this is fixed by the physical number of pixels but that the laptop itself is capable of supporting higher resolution. As it has a touchscreen i am reluctant to re-sell it and have heard that it is possible to emulate higher resolutions even though the screen is fixed. I find that some web pages are too large for the screen and i have to keep scrolling around to view the complete page.
Can anyone help please.

Pesala 19:36 08 Mar 03

Most laptops can be connected to an external monitor. This would allow you to use it higher resolutions. I don't know of any other method. All that an emulator could do if it exists would be to slightly reduce the size of the Window frames and menu and scroll bars.

Try switching to full screen mode in your browser using the F11 key. If you use Opera browser, its full screen mode really is full screen. No scroll bars, caption, or menus at all. You can still use alter to pull down menus though, and use the cursor keys to scroll. F11 switches back again quickly if you get completely lost.

Pesala 19:59 08 Mar 03

For a screen shot of the forum in Opera in full screen mode click here

dwhiteley 20:44 04 May 11

i just had graphics card installed and the screen reselotion is 1280 x 1024 but some programes are to big fot the screen and it is at the highest reselotion in control panel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…