Screen resolution

heidelberg 06:26 31 Oct 09

I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop 1525 which had Vista Home Premium installed, which I didn't like, and so I have now installed Windows 7 Home Premium, which I much prefer.

Unfortunately the highest resolution I am able to get is 1280 X 800. Pre upgrade I managed 1280 X 1024 which meant I had much smaller icons - which I prefer. The Dell Drivers and Utilities Disk is only geared towards XP and Vista Operating Systems, so is not much use.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Dave

howard64 06:41 31 Oct 09

if you download one of the free system info progs they will indicate which graphics chipset your system is using and you may well be able to download a new driver.

mooly 07:13 31 Oct 09

The best resolution to use is the native resolution of the screen. Anything other than that and the image will be soft and slightly blurry, but you have to have a graphics driver that enables you to do that.

I am sure you will find W7 just like Vista allows the DPI setting to be adjusted so you can alter the size of text on screen without having to alter resolution... it keeps it all pin sharp.

heidelberg 13:34 31 Oct 09

The more I think about it the more I believe the highest resolution I managed in Vista was in fact 1280 X 800!

Perhaps senility is setting in!

Thanks to howard64 and mooly for the time they took.

Dave

Terry Brown 13:53 31 Oct 09

Download BELARC to get all your sysytem specs.
have a look at the graphics section. There may be a software update, which will give you a better resolution.
Terry

mooly 16:50 31 Oct 09

Your welcome :)
It seems 1280 x 800 is the native resolution after googling this, with 1440 x 900 available a dearer option in some markets.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac