screen resolution

claridge 15:11 08 Nov 05

PC (a Tiny Home 64-3000 PQ, XP home) is giving me some grief.The screen is a QVA. model no. L151 TFT screen. It appears to start normally, by showing the big black screen with the Windows logo, then the screen goes black with a simple message on it saying "not support" in white letters set in a red box.
At this point the 'not support' message disappears and all I am left with is a pure black screen leaving me unable to affect anything on the computer.This happened about 5 weeks ago and following advice given previously I started the PC in safe mode - VGA, when I reached windows I try to change the resolution to 1024 x 768 with 32 bit colour,and refresh rate to 60Hz. but I go back to square one and have to start in VGA again. I've gone into device manager and drivers seem OK - any advice please.
Diane

Gongoozler 16:10 08 Nov 05

The message on the monitor screen suggests that the graphics card is set to a combination of resolution and refresh rate that isn't supported by the monitor. TFT monitors work best when the resolution and refresh rate are set to what the monitor is designed for (the native resolution), so you should check the monitor manual to see what these are. If the graphics card is changing from the resolution and refresh rate you set it to, then perhaps you'll have to uninstall the driver and reinstall it, but some rogue software may be responsible.

claridge 18:11 08 Nov 05

I confirmed that 1024 x 768, 32 bit and refresh rates from 56 -75 are supported. It didn't like 60 - but on 75 I was able to move the resolution slide to 1024 x768 and applied it successfully - problem solved - many thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…