Screen Replacement Help

mesh27 20:41 28 Feb 12

Hi Guys,

Any help would be great. I have a samsung NP-S3510-A02UK needing a new screen. I have a screen model number on the back with the sticker - LTN however I have an engraved LTN number on the top lefthand corner on the front of the screen. Which is the correct LTN number to use?

T0SH 22:00 28 Feb 12

There is one advertised here

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Laptop-SAMSUNG-NP-S3510-A02UK-Notebook-Display/dp/B006RL5C1I

Fitting it is reasonably easy, but care and patience is needed, do not force or leaver with a screwdriver or the likes

Google for "laptop screen replacement" tutorial or help and read lots, be sure you have the correct small cross head screwdrivers for the job and take notes and pictures as you progress through dissassembly so you can rebuild it if in doubt shout for help

I cant find a source for Samsung service manuals but the process is virtually the same regardless of brand

Dell and HP Compaq have many downloadable PDF sevice manuals for laptops which will be helpfull with exploded diagrams ETC

Cheers HC

robin_x 22:01 28 Feb 12

Dunno. Google them both and see what comes up. Does your model have backlight variants? LED or CCFL?

Amazon don't care.

robin_x 22:05 28 Feb 12

Crossed in post with Tosh.

Also see what System Information for Windows reports you have.

(Hardware/Display)

mesh27 20:42 29 Feb 12

Thank you so much for the help. I'm not so sure what my backlight system is, how can I find out? I've googled both the LTN numbers and it comes up with two separate screens confusing me further as to which is the correct one for me? Thanks a lot Tosh I'll follow that advice.

MAJ 21:11 29 Feb 12

When you take the front bezel off the screen you will see an inverter http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300477455313?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648 with two wires coming from the screen to the inverter, if the backlight is the CCFL type.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now