Screen problems when booting or shutting down

suburban train 00:00 26 Feb 03

Ive got a packard bell PC imedia only had it for 1 year and im using Windows XP pro. And the monitor is powered by the PC unit

Just recently i have been having problems with the screen or it could be the monitor.

What happens is sometimes when swiching on the PC the PC itself appears start up and the monitor light ups but the screen remains blank

so what i have to do this take out the power plug from the PC unit and bang it back in then it starts no probs.

The same happens when restarting on occasions and sometimes when i come to shutdown the screen will go off but the PC still on

Any help?

cheers

Djohn 00:12 26 Feb 03

I would try a new cable, but one with a three pin plug on the end, so that you can plug into a separate power supply.

suburban train 00:14 26 Feb 03

I thought of that but do you think its power problems?

Ive never had this problem before.

Do you think theres something up the power supply on the PC, just recently it has slowed down

Djohn 00:27 26 Feb 03

There may be, but the reason I suggested a new cable, is that your present one is probably not making a good contact and if your getting a new one, then it is better to go for the separate power supply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…