Screen Problem?

Chas49 22:59 03 Feb 11

My HP computer, running Win 7 has an occasional problem. The screen goes off for a split second then returns and, as time goes by, the frequency of this increases. Switching the machine off for a minute or two and on again and all is then OK. As I say, it is occasional. On this last occasion I was downloading a large file from YouTube. The machine's case is quite cool so overheating is not the answer I think.
Anyone had the same problem?

gary2112 01:15 04 Feb 11

hi there first of what grafix card do you have in your pc,,,what it sounds like to me thow..you you might have a screen safer in the background,,as the pc does not crash but comes back on after a few minits.,first thing i would do is check to see if there are later drivers for your grafix card,,,dont forget to uninstall the old drivers first then reinstall the new ones .,,

gary2112 01:15 04 Feb 11

hi there first of what grafix card do you have in your pc,,,what it sounds like to me thow..you you might have a screen safer in the background,,as the pc does not crash but comes back on after a few minits.,first thing i would do is check to see if there are later drivers for your grafix card,,,dont forget to uninstall the old drivers first then reinstall the new ones .,,

Chas49 09:29 04 Feb 11

Thanks Gary I'll look into that. At the moment I haven;t the faintest idea on which Graphics card is fitted, but. if the trouble happens again it should be a simple matter to find out. I would have thought that if it was a driver problem then it would happen all the time - perhaps it has something to do with downloading large files from the intenet. I must remember to check on this when it happens in the future. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…