Screen Problem?

Chas49 22:59 03 Feb 11

My HP computer, running Win 7 has an occasional problem. The screen goes off for a split second then returns and, as time goes by, the frequency of this increases. Switching the machine off for a minute or two and on again and all is then OK. As I say, it is occasional. On this last occasion I was downloading a large file from YouTube. The machine's case is quite cool so overheating is not the answer I think.
Anyone had the same problem?

gary2112 01:15 04 Feb 11

hi there first of what grafix card do you have in your pc,,,what it sounds like to me thow..you you might have a screen safer in the background,,as the pc does not crash but comes back on after a few minits.,first thing i would do is check to see if there are later drivers for your grafix card,,,dont forget to uninstall the old drivers first then reinstall the new ones .,,

gary2112 01:15 04 Feb 11

hi there first of what grafix card do you have in your pc,,,what it sounds like to me thow..you you might have a screen safer in the background,,as the pc does not crash but comes back on after a few minits.,first thing i would do is check to see if there are later drivers for your grafix card,,,dont forget to uninstall the old drivers first then reinstall the new ones .,,

Chas49 09:29 04 Feb 11

Thanks Gary I'll look into that. At the moment I haven;t the faintest idea on which Graphics card is fitted, but. if the trouble happens again it should be a simple matter to find out. I would have thought that if it was a driver problem then it would happen all the time - perhaps it has something to do with downloading large files from the intenet. I must remember to check on this when it happens in the future. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant