Screen Problem

Boghound 07:56 07 Dec 07

The TFT screen on a friends PC is totally grey on start up....It shows the Windows flash screen that XP Pro is loading, finishes loading then just goes grey...have started in "safe-mode" and screen works as normal,,also done a "restore" in safe-mode but the screen still goes grey when system reboots.

I had the same problem on a laptop once but for the life of me I can't remember what I did to fix it!!!

topdude 09:00 07 Dec 07

Sounds like the drivers for the graphics card have screwed up, basic drivers are used while booting and in safe mode.
You will need to re-install the graphics drivers, either download the latest ones or if you have a CD with them on use that. You can remove and re-install the drivers in safe mode.

rawprawn 09:11 07 Dec 07

There has just been an Optional Update for Nvdia Graphics which has caused me some problems. If your friend downloaded and installed this, go to Display drivers in Device Manager and "Roll Back Drivers" to previous version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced