screen print

funnybone 11:29 14 Jun 05

Can anyone tell me what screen print is. Does every computer have this or do I have to upgrade.

Bobnik 11:39 14 Jun 05

If you press the creen print button on your keyboard. Your PC will capture a picture of what is on your screen. Open up a black word document and press Ctrl V and the screen shot will be pasted onto the document. It is a good method of recording error codes and I've had a few of those!

Joe R 11:41 14 Jun 05

funnybone,

screenprint, is just a utility, which by pressing the printscreen button on your keyboard, should save the picture on screen at the time, to the clipboard.

funnybone 11:51 14 Jun 05

Where is the screeen print button?

funnybone 11:53 14 Jun 05

Just found the screen print button. Thanks

Bobnik 11:53 14 Jun 05

On the top row of the keyboard usually between F12 and Scroll lock

jack 12:00 14 Jun 05

Prt Scr- Printscreen button
Captures an image of what the screen is displaying
at that moment.

To use it yout need to press Ctrl and PrntScr
together.

Then open an image editor, create a new blank page
then Edit/Paste[ or Ctrl- V]

pauldonovan 12:03 14 Jun 05

..you can hold down ALT at the same time as Print Screen.

You can also get some good utilities that will automatically print when you press print screen, or will capture and save a file etc. etc. - can get quite advanced with what you can do if you need to.

For example, we have usage of a web application with 'not the best' printing capability so users have a key that automatically captures the window and prints it in landscape fittign all of the active window to one page.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…