Screen Position Of New Folders

dogbreath1 16:43 28 Feb 07

XP SP2.

Whenever I create a new folder in My Documents, on the Desktop or even within a sub folder of My Documents, it aligns vertically and horizontally with adjacent folders....which is fine.

However, in just one sub folder of My Documents (My Photos), new folders are positioned asymmetrically i.e not on the correct grid lines (until refreshed). It's a similar phenomenon to when you drag an icon around the desktop in Windows 98 before using the refresh routine.

Any ideas as to what is causing this would be much appreciated.

Matt.tt 17:17 28 Feb 07

I get this in all of my folders, I'm not really too sure how to resolve it, as I have neaver been bothered to try. But a guess to try and fix this would be to click 'view' | Move your mouse over 'Arange Icons By' | and click 'align to grid.'

I don't know if this will work, as I said this is just a guess, But I figure if it a problem you wan't sorted, It's worth a quick try. Hope it's of some help :)

dogbreath1 19:17 28 Feb 07

Thanks for that. It's a work PC...I'll give that a try in the morning.

Will post back with results.

dogbreath1 08:11 01 Mar 07

Bang on. Worked a treat. Thanks Matt.

Matt.tt 07:16 03 Mar 07

sorry slow respnse. Good to hear it worked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…