Screen Madness

Fr0stY 18:03 17 Jan 03
  Fr0stY 18:03 17 Jan 03

I am using a Dell Latitude (think i spelt it right) laptop i got for Xmas, now i have a little problem, when i increase my screen resalution past 1024x768 instead of making my icons smaller it makes me have to scroll across the screen to get at things, it is very hard to explain but if you have had the same problem then you will know what i mean. I am using Windows 2000 and this is cuasing a real problem becuase i need a higher resulution.

Thanx Fr0stY

papa lazarous 19:21 17 Jan 03

Laptops use TFT screen which have a 'native' resolution, in your case 1024x768. This is a fixed amount of pixels on the screen. If you set your desktop to this it looks fine. Any smaller and it can get fuzzy and blocky. Any larger and it physically cannot display any more pixels than it was designed to so the only option is to create a 'virtual desktop' by allowing you to scroll around. The only solution is stick to 1024x768!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…