Screen Layout XP Windows/HP Media Player

flaming 19:06 08 Jan 06

I have posted this plea on 'Absolute Beginners' too, as I was hoping this would be seen quickly by some wise one. My screen lay-out has suddenly changed - a first for me. The bottom margin with 'start' button and icon tray has gone to be a margin on the left-hand side of the screen. 'Start' is at the top, icons at bottom. I liked it better before. What could I have done? Should I use 'system restore' or is there something else I could do, please?

VoG II 19:11 08 Jan 06

Right click the taskbar (the thing now on the left of your screen). Make sure Lock the Taskbar is not ticked. Then left click it, keep the mouse button pressed, and pull the mouse dow. The taskbar should move to the bottom of the screen. Right click it and tick Lock the taskbar.

SG Atlantis® 19:11 08 Jan 06

you mean the taskbar?

Hold in left mouse button on it and drag it back to where it should be.

VoG II 19:12 08 Jan 06

Duplicate click here

SG Atlantis® 19:16 08 Jan 06

VoG they've already stated they posted in absolute beginners too.

Flaming my friend it's not advisable to post the same thing in multiple forums, you will recieve an answer promptly were ever you put it, if you look at the timings on both threads it was within fives minutes of you putting up the question.

It also puts a strain on resources on the PCA site and complicates things in general.

VoG II 19:20 08 Jan 06

Yes, I appreciate that. I put in the links in both threads for the benefit of anybody who did not read the post as carefully as we did.

SG Atlantis® 19:21 08 Jan 06

If you think the problem is a complicated one then put it in the helproom, if you think it's a straightforward question put it in absolute beginners.

Unless it fits any of the other forums criteria.

SG Atlantis® 19:22 08 Jan 06

no probs VoG.

flaming 22:54 09 Jan 06

Thank you both for the info. The task bar is not locked, I see. Unfortunately the left click slide does not produce the flicker of a movement. Does that mean I am stuck with that arrangement? In the same session the programme was not responding, a window said, to all sorts of things - even turning off the PC. I turned off manually.

I take your point about posting in two sections. After posting in 'AbBegs'I thought I should have posted in 'Help' in case wise ones didn't frequently look in the former.

flaming 00:30 10 Jan 06

V.oG; SG Atlantis
I have since resolved the issue by 'system restore' to 2nd Jan.06.I'd like to do that again for something else further back. See 'Abs.Begs' where I have posted more fully as I think my questions should be there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…