screen is large size and resolution wont alter

nonowtatall 20:00 05 Aug 13

my computer is in xp pro and when i start it it is in a large mode and a box says your computer screen resolution color depth are currently set to a very low level etc then another box says do you want to automaticly correct your screen resolutio and color depth and when i click it still stays the same i have been into the conrtol panel and tried to alter the settings but it wont change any ideas what to do next i also tried system restoe and that wont let me do that either

lotvic 22:06 05 Aug 13

Are you using a separate graphics card and have forgotten to load the drivers?

nonowtatall 22:28 05 Aug 13

no it is an onboard device and i tried and downloaded new drivers is it poss my onboard card is gone i have tried allsorts and it is always the same

lotvic 00:09 06 Aug 13

Try booting to Safe Mode (F8) and changing it.

Can I ask: has it suddenly gone like this and was okay before?

If you can tell us any history of pc, changes, reinstalls, etc it would be helpful.

Note: if you want more info on and how to get rid of the popup message click here

nonowtatall 08:48 08 Aug 13

it is all solved after installing the drivers changing the monitor etc i discover my on board graphics has gone i had a new graphics card installed and every thing is back to normal many thanks everyone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…