Screen issue

stroudgreen 22:08 12 Jan 08

Another help thread I'm afraid! I'm currently using a Fujitsu-Siemens AMILO Pro laptop. What used to be an occasional 'jumping' of the display has turned into a regular occurrence. The display will jump around and dissemble itself across horizontal lines, often making the screen totally unviewable.

I've decreased hardware acceleration in the advanced display options as reccommended by windows help, but to be honest, that's only alleviated rather than eliminated the problem. Any suggestions? All I can come up with is that my laptop might be jealous of me looking for a new system!

Thanks!

MAJ 22:24 12 Jan 08

Try plugging it in to a standalone monitor, see if it's a monitor or a graphics card problem, either way it could be expensive to repair.

birdface 09:26 13 Jan 08

Have you gone into device manager to see if any problems with your graphics driver or anything else.Or can't you get in there any more.I presume it's the same problem when you start in safe mode,Maybe last good configuration if you can get in there.

stroudgreen 16:10 16 Jan 08

bump! I think there might be an issue of outside interference - the disturbances are definitely worse at some times of day than at others. Is this reasonable to assume, or am I clutching at straws? Right now it's settled a little after a registry cleanup, but still flickers intermittently.

birdface 14:39 17 Jan 08

If on dial up.It could be interference from your central heating.Microwave.Answer Phone.It could be a number of things.Settled a bit after registry clean up.Have you run your security programs and found nothing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…