screen icons all ticked and unable to log on

olddognewtricks 10:11 10 Oct 06

Hi. After starting up the computer and clicking on my user name all the icons appear ticked, there is also a message saying..warning spyware detected on your PC.etc etc and asking me to click here to rectify it. ( i havent done it) Because all the icons are ticked i am unable to access any of them. Now when my wife logs on and clicks her user name there is no problem at all. Can anyone shed any light on this problem ?

Eric10 10:41 10 Oct 06

The program you are being asked to download is most likely the program that has caused the problem so don't click the link. Download ewido click here or a-squared free click here and scan your computer for malware. Do it from your wife's login if you can't do it from your own.

birdface 10:45 10 Oct 06

Hi Don't know if this will help.On clear screen.Right click mouse,Click arrange icons by. Scroll down, make sure lock web items on desktop is un ticked,Worth a try

birdface 10:47 10 Oct 06

Hi ,sorry ignore what I said,Best follow Eric's input,

terryf 12:11 10 Oct 06

You may have to run ewido in safe mode after you have downloaded it in normal mode

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…