screen has gone blurrey

hmm.... 21:14 27 May 06

I have just upgraded my graphics card an X1800XT, and it only has DVI ports. I therefore have to use an adapter, but the screen doesnt look as good (not as crisp, colour a bit washy) cmpared to what it did on my X700 in desktop or in games. (though of course the X1800 will run everything on full now). I have tested this with both my 19" Samsung 913 TFT, 15" TFT and my Dell P991 crt. They all don't look quite right... Could this be the DVI adapter? Surely its not the graphics card... Thanks

martjc 21:30 27 May 06

There are different types of DVI.
Are you sure you are using the correct connection? Sure it is providing a digital signal as opposed to analog? Check out
click here

Look at the little images and see if your cable plug and input sockets are identical.

hmm.... 21:33 27 May 06

all my monitors are analogue. The graphics card only has DVI-I dual link ports, so i have to use an adapter.. thats all i know, that and the colours/ pic looks rubbish

rdave13 21:39 27 May 06

Have you got the latest drivers? click here
Then tweak to improve image.

bluto1 21:42 27 May 06

sorry to be the bearer of possibly bad news. The chances are that the tube has gone `soft`, which might mean a replacement is required.
Mine went a month ago. On booting up the display was out of focus or blurred. After it had warmed up there was a little improvement but I knew I was facing the inevitable. Sorry mate.

hmm.... 21:50 27 May 06

why would the 'tube' have gone the monitor? The dell is perfect with my other pc. Besides, the other two TFTs dont have tubes, and the samsung is brand new.

I have the latest drivers too... Hmmm , this is irritating.

DieSse 22:02 27 May 06

It may be the adapter it may be the card - only testing them both out independantly will tell you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…