screen graphics- please help!

ReyesKing 19:55 04 Jan 05

recently i had to reboot the whole system and when i did, the graphics on the screen seemed below par, and they were. for example on an internet browser page the colour at the top of the page had many squares (pixels) of lighter colour- an uneven shade if u know what i mean. why is this? i think when i bought it it didnt do this.i installed something called nvidia afterwards its a graphics card or something i shouldnt have had to should i? what can i do to get it to its best again.

anon1 20:00 04 Jan 05

if you installed the nvidea card then you must install the drivers and set the screen resolution to your preference this can be done by right clicking a balnk area of the monitor screen and choose properties then settings.

Totally-braindead 20:07 04 Jan 05

Your post is a bit confusing, to me at least. I assume that whats happened is either your computer had to be restarted due to some problem and when it did the screen was as it is now. Or you've installed a new graphics card or you've installed nvidia drivers without being sure of what your graphics is and this is what has happened to the picture. Could you clarrify a bit please and also say what version of windows you have ie win 98, win XP etc

ReyesKing 20:10 04 Jan 05

I have Windows XP. what happened was i was running the system fine - with no add-on nvidia card or anything and the screen looked fine. after i rebooted it, some squares appeared. that assumption > I assume that whats happened is either your computer had to be restarted due to some problem and when it did the screen was as it is now.

is correct.

Totally-braindead 20:24 04 Jan 05

OK, right click on your desktop and click on PROPERTIES then SETTINGS type out what it says eg plugand play monitor on Nvidia fx5200 or the like

Totally-braindead 20:27 04 Jan 05

Now on the same screen it has Screen Resolution and Colour Quality make sure they are set at say 800 x 600 for resolution and 16 bit for Quality then click APPLY and OK and tell me what happens

ReyesKing 20:29 04 Jan 05

Plug and Play Monitor on NVidia GeoForce FX 5200

screen 1024 x 768

colour quality highest

ReyesKing 20:31 04 Jan 05

set it to 16 bit -loads more squares- very poor screen quality

ReyesKing 20:31 04 Jan 05

whats urs at home set to?

Totally-braindead 20:31 04 Jan 05

Try altering the settings to what I said and see what happens.

Totally-braindead 20:32 04 Jan 05

I've got a FX5900 XT its set to 1024 x 768 16 bit

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017