Screen gone pink

CABS1 07:27 03 Dec 04

I am using xp sp2
I tried to save a picture from an e-mail to my desktop, something I have done many times, half the screen turned pale pink. Have done a restore and scanned the hard drive. Is this screen burn, its a fairly new monitor Phillips LCD any ideas ?
Cabs

Diodorus Siculus 07:53 03 Dec 04

Not screen burn on a LCD screen.

Is it ok now? If not, try reinstalling the graphics card drivers.

TommyRed 08:02 03 Dec 04

Had something similar with a Medion LCD,but mine would go silver, turning it off and back on at it's power button would resolve it for a time. Eventually got a replacement as it was still under warranty. HTH TR

CABS1 10:22 03 Dec 04

Turning on and off makes no difference, thanks for the bit about the lcd screen I didn't know that.
In the past I have always had a 'guru' to help me out, but he has moved and I am not very tecnically minded, so a bit scared of reinstalling graphics card, but thnaks for trying to help

CABS1 10:22 03 Dec 04

Turning on and off makes no difference, thanks for the bit about the lcd screen I didn't know that.
In the past I have always had a 'guru' to help me out, but he has moved and I am not very tecnically minded, so a bit scared of reinstalling graphics card, but thanks for trying to help

Graham ® 10:29 03 Dec 04

Can you try another monitor?

curlylad 10:44 03 Dec 04

Could be a couple of reasons.

1)Bad connection , physically remove connections to monitor from PC and mains and then reconnect.No good then try this

2)Try degaussing the monitor , you say it is fairly new and some new monitors automatically do this when turned on but of course some dont.Degaussing is caused by magnetization which can ocur for a number of reasons .If you have a menu button on the monitor itself go through the options and see if you can manually degauss it or check in the operators manual for advice on how to do this.

3)Could be one of the colour guns is fading.If this is the case it can be cheaper unfortunately to get a new monitor because of the repair costs involved but you can always get quotes.However you say the monitor is fairly new , if its under warranty then no problem !

Let us know how you get on.

Diodorus Siculus 10:46 03 Dec 04

When you say "LCD" do you mean that it is a TFT screen rather than CRT (TV type)?

CABS1 10:58 03 Dec 04

I meant TFT sorry.
I have got another monitor in the loft will give it a try
thanks
cabs

Graham ® 11:12 03 Dec 04

LCD (Liquid Crystal Diode) screen needs a backlight.

TFT (Thin Film Transistor) does not.

Either name is acceptable these days, just as 'broadband modem', when it isn't a modem!

CABS1 12:53 03 Dec 04

The monitor was at fault many thanks for your input
cabs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac