Screen goes black

deggsymann 08:41 31 Jul 04

I have a recurring problem where my screen goes black - usually whenever i open a folder, click on a new webpage, shut anything down or hit the return key.

This is not constant, and the screen comes back by itself after a couple of seconds.However, occasionally when it returns there are thin vertical white lines on the screen.

It can happen at any time, not just after long periods of pc use.

I have not installed any programmes for a few weeks, and all the leads and connections on my pc (internal and external) seem ok.

I have a GeForce mx 440 with AGPx8 video card and was wondering if it may be on the blink? I hope it is the card and not my TFT monitor as it is out of warranty. I do not have a spare monitor to swap to rule out monitor problems.

If anyone else has had similar problems i would like to hear the outcome, or ideas from any one else.

Thank you

DAGO49 17:52 31 Jul 04

Hi,
have been experiencing problems with my Flat screen too, if it is a Sony SDM-M51 then take a look here...good luck

dago49

DAGO49 17:54 31 Jul 04

Look here

click here

dago49

deggsymann 09:51 01 Aug 04

Mine is a Mitac T1h52 from Computer World and does not feel hot anywhere. Dare not take the back off though!!

deggsymann 09:53 01 Aug 04

Also thought i ought to add that i dont play games so my graphics card is not getting a hammering.

User-312386 10:07 01 Aug 04

I think you will have that either your settings are set to high for the monitor, incorect graphics drivers or as DAGO49 has said the card is getting overheated

Can you please give us all a few more specs such as graphics card and mobo please

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…