Screen freezing

The Real Fizz 07:55 19 Aug 04

Hello :)
Does anyone have any ideas why my screen has suddenly started to freeze whilst I am using it. I am running XP Pro and have Norton Utilities and wondered if there are any programmes on them that could help to rectify this?
Any help greatly appreciated!

xania 09:14 19 Aug 04

I doubt its the screen that's freezing - its almost certianly the computer. Norton has a number of features to check the health of your system, so you can try running these. Officially, these also should warn you when the system is about to crash - unofficially if any thing, by the time the warning comes up its already too late. However, the most common problems causing crashes are damages drivers and damages software. The first thing to consider is what you did just before the problem first occurred. If this offers nothing, in XP you can go back to earlier set ups until you find one that does not have the problem.

The Real Fizz 10:06 19 Aug 04

Thanks for your help, will try and see what happens! :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…