Screen Freezes in XP

johnoo 12:50 PM 10 Sep 11

Looking for some help on this problem. I am using Internet Explorer with XP, on occasions when I go into Internet Explorer the screen, on occasions, freezes. Can't select anything other than my home page & can’t get out of the Home page. Only constant clicking on the “red cross” gets release, then get the “ Do you want to end session now ” box. This problem has only recently started, I use cc cleaner after every session. Hope I have explained enough for help to be given. Any ideas as to cause & how cure?

onthelimit1 13:08 PM 10 Sep 11

If it's a PC and getting on a bit, it may be the CPU heat-sink is choked with dust. This causes the CPU to overheat when working hard, and it stalls to protect itself. Whip the side cover off and have a look.

Ex plorer 14:16 PM 10 Sep 11

Try downloading Fire-Fox 3.62 its not the latest version look for British English assuming you live in the UK. From[Here]just to make sure its not IE playing up.1

Ex plorer 14:18 PM 10 Sep 11
  Nontek 15:11 PM 10 Sep 11

I use cc cleaner after every session.

I reckon that is a bit OTT and could even be partly the cause of your problem.

johnoo 15:35 PM 10 Sep 11

Nortek, Why do you think it is OTT? Also why do you think it is partly causing the problem?

My problem on using Firefox is that it is a random problem only occuring once/twice a week. I have to admit I don't think it has happened on FF, so could be IE related.

Nontek 15:52 PM 10 Sep 11

I use a Reg cleaner (not Ccleaner) about once a week or even less, and I have no problems! I have used Ccleaner in the distant past, but found it to be a bit aggressive.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites