Screen freezes at start up

Soddit 18:43 11 Jan 04

I`m running Athlon 2600+ processor, 1GB DDR Ram, 160 GB hard drive, ATI Radeon 9200SE 256 MB graphics, CD/DVD RW with XP Home. On start up the aft monitor either fails to start of its own accord or when it does the screen freezes or displays "no signal" within a few seconds if I try to access the desktop. If I reboot and/or run scandisk at start up all runs fine. I`ve upgraded drivers and removed all unnecessary software. Clearly there is a conflict but can I hell-as-like find it. Please help before I shoot it!

gold 47 18:54 11 Jan 04

You could try msconfig close all the start ups but leave system tray or the very basic requirements and see what happens you might have to reformat and reinstall and pull all hardware ie printers ect if every think boots up ok then you will at least no what your adding to your computer.

5ean 19:01 11 Jan 04

The same happened to me for about a week, I could not figure it out so I just kept hitting reset button until PC ran ok. Eventually it just stopped doing it of it's own accord. Very strange. Not much help I know but maybe some light at the end of the tunnel for you?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5