screen freezes

turnip 60 21:32 21 Mar 03

Hi, can someone please tell me what is causing my screen to keep freezing just for a few seconds at a time but its happening every minute or so. i have rebooted , gone through system file check but still it happens.
I have windows 98Se, on broadband internet, I have Internet explorer 6.0.I have lots of disk space. please help.
thanks

User-312386 00:47 22 Mar 03

could be memory, Programmes running etc etc

please advise what programmes you have running and how much memory you have installed

madboy33

barryoneoff.co.uk 01:51 22 Mar 03

you have installed to run in the background could cause this, even a simple clock (not the one already in your taskbar). As Madboy says, shortage of memory could be the prob. Let us know your system details and what you have installed.

Djohn 01:57 22 Mar 03

Also include the make and size of your CPU, (Processor), as this may have an effect on your system, if it is not powerful enough to run your internet connection + other programs that are running in the background. J.

turnip 60 02:42 22 Mar 03

thanks for your comments boys.
I have 191Mb of RAM
and my proccessor is : Celeron 633MHz(128Kb) 64MB
i had been running Kazaa in the back ground but even after closing it i still get the problem.
i have noticed that it doesnt happen until i use internet explorer. Is IE 6.0 ok to use with windows 98SE.

Djohn 02:53 22 Mar 03

IE6 is fine with 98se. You mention Kazaa, do you have a virus checker running while you are on the net?

Press, Ctrl/alt/delete keys at the same time, and a window will come up, informing you of how many programs are running in the background. Post back and let us know. J.

turnip 60 22:20 22 Mar 03

DJohn thans for your response but i think i have found the cause.I had picked up a virus 'worm_KWBOT.C' Once i got rid of the virus things seem fine now.
Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…