Screen Freeze & No Shut Down

onokeck 21:42 14 Aug 04

I am experiencing very frequent problems with the screen freezing, even when the PC has been left inactive for a period of time.I have been through all the actions (closing all programs with ctrl/alt/delete, running scan disk, defragmenting HD, shutting off AV, etc.) Has no effect -it freezes again within a few minutes.No new software/hardware has been loaded recently. Programs are running very slowly and when I attempt to properly shut down (start,shut down) the icons disappear from the screen, but the wallpaper remains and nothing happens. No keyboard/mouse action has any effect. I then just have to shut down manually. Any suggestions as to what I might do? Machine is Evesham Axia 1000 w/AMD Athlon,WinMe, 528 RAM and 30Gb HDD with 10Gb free.
Virus free (according to Grisoft) and no firewall. Any comments welcome. Casey

Night Ryder 21:52 14 Aug 04

This sounds to me very much like a complete reinstall of the OP system. I've had similar problems in the past and found this to be the only cure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…