//some 3rd party need geo

Screen freeze

Kernow999 07:59 11 Sep 04

I have just set-up my pc at home following a house move. Everything seemed to transfer without getting damaged.
However, the system freezes now, which it never did before. Not even 'Ctrl-Alt-Delete' works. I have to push the button to reboot.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 08:36 11 Sep 04

Chceck that all PCI card are correctly in place - they may have been damaged.

Also check all fans are working and that the processor heatsink is in place.

Kernow999 11:55 11 Sep 04

I take it that means taking the side off of my tower and checking all the connections? Sorry, not too technically minded!
I forgot to say that I have run Spybot, Adaware and Maintenance Wizard with no effect.
Thanks

Kernow999 21:33 11 Sep 04

Just had the side off and checked all the leads. They all seemed ok. Just need to see if it freezes again now.
Any other suggestions, please?

stalion 21:55 11 Sep 04

re-check all your external connections are correct it is very easy to have something wrong when setting up again

Kernow999 06:59 13 Sep 04

I have rechecked the internal and external connections. Cannot find anything obviously wrong. Any further suggestions, please?
Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 07:57 13 Sep 04

Check the temperature of the machine when it freezes - as it is rebooting, go into the BIOS and see what details there - possibly under motherboard health or something similar.

Kernow999 19:50 13 Sep 04

Thanks. Never been into BIOS. How do I get there and what do I need to do once there?

Kernow999 20:06 13 Sep 04

Also, you previously mentioned about the processor heatsink. What is that?

Carpigiani 20:14 13 Sep 04

You mentioned that when you had the side off all connections seemed ok. Did you check that all the PCI cards were correctly in place, as suggested by Diodorus Siculus.
As a loose or malfunctioning graphics card could be causing your problem.

Kernow999 21:03 13 Sep 04

I checked all connections. What are the PCI cards? Where would I find them? How are they connected?
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…