Screen Dimming

KimD 12:06 13 Aug 04

I have a second user Tecra 8100 (moded to PIII 750mhz CPU & 512 mb RAM) that originally had Win'98SE installed. By the time I got it, it had been upgraded to Win 2K. As I did not have the install disks or licence, I installed Win'XP as a new install (repartitioned HD, reformatted, etc), I pressed F5 to load the ACPI option at the SCSI F6 question. I also installed the display drivers first, then installed the other drivers in the order recommended by Tosh. The machine works great apart from the annoying habit of intermittently dimming the screen which requires either a lid closure or a press on the microswitch.The behaviour can occur in bursts.It then stops and works normally. I thought it could be caused by overheating but if this was the cause it would surely get worse during the course of a Win'XP session? Help please.

Graham ® 12:25 13 Aug 04

Could be the backlight is failing:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…