Screen (& computer) freezes.

RobbieRoberts 12:32 18 Apr 05

Hi Everyone,
Its some time since I asked a question --- but this one is driving me crazy!
My computer, a Discount Computers one, is fitted with a Radeon 9200 Graphics Card.
Up until recently, the computer would suddenly freeze; the only way to sort it out was to use the "reset" button. When it had rebooted a message from "MS"(?) came up asking me to submit a report to them. After I did this I got a full screen report, more or less blaming the Graphics card for the problem.
I did a bit of searching and found a new driver from, I think, the ZDnet site; which I installed.
This seemed to cure the problem, BUT it still occurs this time without MS interfering!
My computer rusns on MS XP Home with SP2 installed.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Yoda Knight 14:04 18 Apr 05

try the latest drivers from the ATI website (google for it)

RobbieRoberts 16:28 19 Apr 05

I have tried loading a driver from the June Issue DVD of Personal Computer World [sorry PC Advisor mentioning another mag!] --- but the freezing still continues! Is it something to do with the MS XP Home edition?
Robbie Roberts

the old man 17:02 19 Apr 05

I have had very similar problem over the last six months and the only remedy was to get rid of SP2. Now I am not suggesting that this is the case but it really does sound like my problem all over again. I do however appreciate that SP2 may not be the cause but if you have time to uninstall and find the problem disappears then all well and good, if it doesn't then reinstall and you haven't lost anything just a bit of time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…