Screen colours compared to printed photo

parachute 13:46 24 Jan 04

Photos taken with my Minolta Z1 digital camera look great when viewed on the computer screen.When they are printed without any alterations they always come out a lot darker than shown on the screen. I have a HP Photosmart 1000 printer and print onto photo quality glossy paper.My photo editing package is Microsoft Picture It Photo 7.

johnnyrocker 13:53 24 Jan 04

click here for a very useful editor.

johnny.

Curio 14:09 24 Jan 04

It may be your Monitor requires calibrating - In XP, Control Panel, Adobe gamma. Another possibility is the type of paper being used. Experiment with different types if you can.

hugh-265156 14:15 24 Jan 04
  Creditman 16:52 24 Jan 04

I have similar problem. All experts say you must calibrate monitor as 1st step - not so easy as it is made out. I recommend Adobe Photoshop Elements 2(I got it under halfprice on ebay) & upload all my digiphotos to it & improve most of them before printing. In getting a match between monitor images & prints I think it is mainly trial & error. Important to set same colour profile on monitor & printer. Best of luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…